Sharing Your DNS Account
To be able to set up your site, we need access to you domain name so that we can reroute traffic.
Your DNS records are what link your domain name to your web server. We need access to these so that we can:
- Redirect traffic to your new site
- Correctly set up server emails to avoid spam
You’ve got an existing domain
If you’ve already got a domain name, you’ve already got an account with a DNS provider like GoDaddy or Namecheap. There are a few things we can do here:
- We’ll give you details on the records we need updated
- For certain providers, you’ll be able to add us as team member to your account, and we can make the relevent updates.
- If that’s no possible, you can share your username and password with us and we’ll login.
You don’t have a domain name
If you don’t already have a domain then you’re going to need to purchase one. We recommend using Namecheap or Gandi to purchase your domain, but there are plenty of other registrars available. We can help you with this if needs be.
Once you’ve purchased the account, the same applies: please add us to the account or share the details with us and we’ll take it from there.