To get started, we'd like to ask you an extended list of tedious and banal technical questions.
You came to us for our creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. We promised to change your life with fresh ideas and interesting opportunities.
What better way to kick-off this exciting new relationship than by considering an invasive collection of dry technical questions.
Let’s Get This Party Started 🎉
First let’s talk about your existing website.
- Do you have an existing site?
- When was it created?
- Who created it for you?
- What’s your favourite thing about it?
- What’s your least favourite thing about it?
- What would happen your business if your site disappeared tomorrow?
- What was the last technical issue you had with the site?
- What’s the worst thing that has happened while operating your existing site?
- Does your site have any integrations? (For example an external comment system like Disqus, a Google Map or a payment system like Stripe)
- Are you selling anything directly on your site?
- If so, what payment processor are you using?
- Do you have a newsletter or mailing campaign?
- Do you have a contact form?
- Do you have any other forms on your site?
- Are you using a content management system (CMS)? (For example WordPress, Shopify, SquareSpace or Drupal)?
- Do you need to be able to update the content of your site yourself?
- How often do you update the content of your site?
- How many people have access to update content?
- Do you have any analytics set up?
- How many monthly visitors are you getting?
Behind the Scenes
Let’s find out a little bit more about how things are propped-up behind the scenes.
- Is there somebody currently in charge of managing the technical side of your business?
- Do you have a code repository? (For example Github, Bitbucket, Gitlab)
- When was the codebase last updated?
- Where is your site hosted?
- How much is it costing you per month to host?
- What provider are you using to manage your domain name (for example GoDaddy, NameCheap, …)?
- What provider are you using for email (for example Gmail, Fastmail, Outlook, Zoho, …)?
- Have you ever had any security issues with your site before?
- Do you have control of all the associated accounts or is there another company or person involved?
- Do you store any customer data on your own site?
Your Social Life
- What social-media related accounts do you have (Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Vimeo, …)?
- How important are they to your business?
- Do you share links from your website to these accounts?
- Do you use posts from these accounts on your website anywhere (embed them in blog posts, share feedback on the homepage)?
- Do you get much traffic to your site from these accounts?